I pretty much dread every Firefox upgrade, because of the havoc it could wreck on my XForms. The past few upgrades have been problem free, but yesterday’s automatic update has put a halt to metadata production once again. I’m having trouble explaining myself to the disgruntled catalogers who had just gotten back to work.
I’ve e-mailed the list and an updated version of the extension should be out in a few days, in the meantime I’ve been poking about unsuccessfully looking for a nightly build that works with FF 184.108.40.206. I’ve also finally installed Orbeon on my development server and ported over the MODS XForm. It was surprisingly painless to get it working. However the working form is just the first step, since I have a whole metadata management system that has to be integrated. Most of the system is built using xquery, but could possibly be done entierly in XForms, it will just require some thinking through.
Unfortunately I’m on a bit of a tight schedule, I need to have the forms working reliably as soon as possible because I’m going on maternity leave some time in the next 3 weeks. I’ve got a lot of wrapping up and documenting to do before that time, so I’m not sure how far I’ll get with Orbeon.
**This version (for Windows) of the XForms extension does work with FF 220.127.116.11, just be sure to uninstall your earlier version of the extension before you install the new one. I didn’t do an uninstall, and was having all sorts of problems with submitting data. Everything seems to work just fine now.